Maintaining your duct cleaning ductdoctorhuntsville.com in good condition requires consistent effort. Cleaning it regularly enables it to last longer. It also guarantees it will work properly as the air flows efficiently. Here are 8 tips that will guide you on how to take care of your dryer vent.
- Be consistent. Cleaning dryer vent and its ducts regularly will keep you away from any damages and problems.
- Use the correct equipment to get the desired results. You should have a brush with flexible cable and easily bending bristles. Get a skinny hose for your vacuum so you can reach further in the ducts.
- Cleaning methods. Use a gentle and circular motion. This avoids any damages and still achieve outstanding results.
- Be patient. Some parts of the dryer vent are very fragile and gets damaged easily. Don’t be too strong and try to clean all the lint at once. Wipe instead a couple of times but keep it gentle and accurate.
- Respect the shape. When you are moving and cleaning the appliances, make sure you don’t do any sharp rotation or turns. Ducts may over bend easily and it affects the airflow immediately.
- Check the condition. Make sure there are no holes or tears in the ducts. If you find damages it should be changed.
- Use aluminum tape. When you reattach vent and screws make sure you are using aluminum tape. Normal tape can’t handle the heat and is at risk to overheat.
- Keep the surrounding area clean. Avoid any bacteria and debris by cleaning the floor and surrounding area.